The Beresford School District, Beresford VFW, and Beresford American Legion will host a Veterans Day Program in the Beresford High School Gym on Monday, November 11 at 2:00 p.m.
Prior to the program, the Beresford High School National Honor Society will host a soup and pie luncheon for our veterans and their families at 12:30 p.m. in the multi-purpose room at Beresford High School. Following the program, the Beresford VFW and American Legion Auxiliary will serve cookies and coffee in the multi-purpose room.
Following is the schedule for this special day of recognition for our veterans:
- Master of Ceremonies—Captain Cregg Getman, Beresford VFW Commander & Mr. Ernie Wevik, Beresford American Legion Commander.
- Presentation of Colors.
- National Anthem—BHS Chorus, Miss Emily Ayres.
- Opening Prayer—CH (MAJ) Dave Stimes.
- “God Bless America”—BHS Chorus with Audience Participation, Miss Emily Ayres.
- Speaker—CMSgt Danny Jungwirth.
- “Salute To Freedom”—Arranged by Andy Clark and “This Is My Country”— Arranged by Larry Norred—BHS Band, Mr. Brian Lemaster.
- Armed Forces Medley—BHS Band, Mr. Brian LeMaster.
- Taps—BHS Students, Jackson Heiberger and Mason Heiberger.
- Retire Colors.
- Coffee and Cookies—BHS Multi-purpose room—provided by Beresford American Legion/VFW Auxiliary.