Scholarship Search Siteswww.fastweb.comwww.schoolsoup.comwww.collegeboard.comwww.collegeboard.comwww.mach25.comwww.scholarships.comSD Opportunity Scholarship - http://sdos.sdbor.edu/require/require.htmlTo meet the curriculum requirements for the Opportunity Scholarship, all recipients must receive a "C" or higher on all coursework including:
Students Entering High School After July 2010
- 4 units of English (courses with major emphasis upon grammar, composition, or literary analysis may be included to meet this requirement).
- 3 units of Social Studies (such as history, economics, sociology, geography, U.S. government, and similar courses).
- 4 units of Algebra or Higher Mathematics (algebra, geometry, trigonometry, or other advanced mathematics, as well as accelerated or honors mathematics [algebra] at the 8th grade, shall be accepted). NOT INCLUDED are arithmetic, business, consumer, or general mathematics or similar courses.
- 4 units of Science, including 3 units of approved laboratory science (courses in biology, chemistry, or physics in which at least one regular laboratory is scheduled each week). Qualifying physical science or earth science courses (with lab) shall be on a case-by-case basis.
- 1 unit of Fine Arts (in art, theatre, or music, as well as approved extracurricular activity).
- 2 units of either of the following or a combination of the two:
- Approved Career and Technical Education Courses
- Modern or Classical Language (Includes American Sign Language; all units must be in the same language)
- 1/2 unit of Personal Finance or Economics
- 1/2 unit of Physical Education
- 1/2 unit of Health or Health Integration (Students entering high school after July 2013)
Coleman/Jamtgaard Memorial Scholarship $500.00- Minimum GPA of 3.25- Completion of an application form>Lists participation in school activities and awards or offices earned, lists participation in community activities.- Submission of a 1-2 page essay, discusses career goals and plans to achieve those goals.- Students overall school conduct, attitude and school participation will be reviewed to determine eligibility.- Deadline: April 15th of the award year.See Mrs. Pratt for an applicationAlan Ende Memorial Scholarship $750.00- Graduation requirements established by BHS.- Current Students at BHS.- Evidence of pursuing certificate or degree in higher education.- Must have participated in athletic team or individual sport.- Demonstrate their contributions to the overall sportsmanship and their commitment to a positive atmosphere as exhibited during BHS athletic competitions.- Demonstrate solid character and teem leadership through their role in athletics at BHS.- Demonstrate leadership.See Mrs. Pratt for an applicationRoger Price Fund Scholarship $500.00- Resident of South Dakota and graduating student from BHS.- ACT score of 24 or higher. SAT of 1090 or higher.- Complete high school requirements with no final grade below a C- Attend an accredited University, college, or tech school.- Enter program within two years of high school graduation.See Mrs. Pratt for an application
Horatio Alger Scholarship: Pursing a bachelor's degree, demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income), be involved in co-curricular and community service activities, display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity, and have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 and higher. Go to www.scholars.horatioalger.org or see Mrs. Pratt for more information. Deadline is Oct. 25.
BIG Idea Competition: Submit a short summary of a business idea and create an ad in the optional Marketing Design Competition. Open to all high school students! Go to http://www.BIGIDeaSD.com; deadline is October 31.
Prudential Spirit of Community Awards Program: ATTENTION VOLUNTEERS!! Volunteers in grades 5-12 complete an application online at http://spirit.prudential.com or www.nassp.org/spirit. Deadline is Nov. 8.
2017 Legislative Page Program: Preference is given to students who have a 3.0 GPA or higher and are seniors. For more information and an application, please visit www.sdlegislature.gov or Mrs. Pratt's office. Deadline is November 14, 2016.
Application fee waivers: U of M - Mankato - Application fee waiver the week of October 24-31st. Apply at www.mans.edu/admissions.
AES scholarship deadline is approaching: October 6, 2016. Visit our website at http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm and please apply. Good luck! The winner(s) will be announced within 2 weeks of the deadline. Each winner will be personally notified by email.