School Board Meeting Agenda
April 10, 2017 – 5:30 p.m. – High School
Input Time will be at 6:30 p.m. If you
would like to address the Board, please call the office so adequate time can be
- Call meeting to order: roll call and establish quorum.
- Student and Staff Recognition.
- Superintendent’s comments.
- Principal reports.
- Adopt agenda. (m)
- Approve the minutes from the March 13,
2017 regular meeting. (m)
- Approve Financial Reports. (m)
- Approve April claims. (m)
- Accept Staff Resignation(s). (m)
- Adopt the District’s Comprehensive Plan
for Special Education. (m)
Food Service Management Contract with CBM Managed Services for the 2016-17
school year. (m)
- Adopt Resolution to amend the 2016-17 budget. (m)
the Renewal of the Food Service Management Contract with CBM Managed
Services for the 2017-18 school year.
- Adopt Resolution authorizing membership in the South Dakota
High School Activities Association for the 2017-18 school year. (m)
- Adopt the 2017-18 BEA/Board Negotiated
Agreement and authorize the Board President and Business Manager to sign
the Agreement. (m)
- Approve Memorandum of Understanding
between the Beresford School District and Legends of Gold Olympic
Development Academy. (m)
- Disclose any new conflicts of interest
of public school officers per SDCL 3-23-6 and determine if these conflicts
are fair, reasonable, and not contrary to the public interest. (m)
- Declare south campus gym bleachers
- Review and discuss the Preliminary
Budget for 2017-18.
- Review and discuss the 2017-18 Capital
Outlay Projects as part of the District’s 10-Year Strategic Plan.
- Review design options, renderings, and
discuss the third and fourth meetings that were held with the Performing
Arts Center Planning Committee and officials from Architecture
Incorporated regarding the Preliminary Design Study for a future
Performing Arts Center; Auxiliary Gym; and new Student Commons, Lobby,
Entrance, and Restrooms.
- Discuss the District’s timeline and
additional meetings that will be held locally to seek community input and
answer questions related to the District’s Preliminary Design Study and
need for the new facilities.
- Discuss the issuance of capital outlay
certificates, a bond election, and a community capital campaign to fund
- Other Business.
- Committee Reports.
the results of the Self-Assessment Instrument and Evaluation of School
- Adjourn. (m)
Published once at
the approximate cost of $_____.