Beresford School Board Meeting Agenda
Monday, March 13, 2017—5:30 p.m.
High School Library
Input Time will be at 6:30 p.m. If you
would like to address the Board, please call the office so adequate time can be
- Call meeting to order: roll call and establish quorum.
- Student and Staff Recognition.
- Superintendent’s comments.
- Adopt agenda. (m)
- Approve the minutes from the February
13, 2017 regular meeting. (m)
- Approve Financial Reports. (m)
- Approve March claims. (m)
- Amend the 2016-17 Beresford School District
- Approve Memorandum of Understanding
between the Beresford School District and Legends of Gold Olympic
Development Academy. (m)
- Disclose any new conflicts of interest
of public school officers per SDCL 3-23-6 and determine if these conflicts
are fair, reasonable, and not contrary to the public interest. (m)
- Second reading and adoption of Board
policies: BDDH-E(1)—School Board
Meeting Speaker Sign-in Sheet and DIAB—E-Rate Records Retention. (m)
- Provide an overview of the District’s
AdvancED Accreditation review, SD DOE State Accreditation review, and the
US Department of Agriculture and SD Child and Adult Nutrition Services
review of National School Breakfast and Lunch program.
- Provide an update on the April 11, 2017
School Board Election/Joint Election with the City of Beresford.
- Discuss the 2017 SD Legislative Session
and the education-related and funding-related legislation and the
potential impact on the Beresford School District and K-12 education in South
- Review the Preliminary Budget for
- Discuss the 2017-18 Capital Outlay
Projects as part of the District’s 10-Year Strategic Plan.
- Review design options, renderings, and
discuss the second meeting that was held with the Performing Arts Center
Planning Committee and officials from Architecture Incorporated regarding
the Preliminary Design Study for a future Performing Arts Center; Auxiliary
Gym; and new Student Commons, Lobby, Entrance, and Restrooms.
- Discuss Architecture Incorporated’s timeline
and additional meetings that they will host locally to seek input on the District’s
Preliminary Design Study.
- Discuss the issuance of capital outlay
certificates, a bond election, and a community capital campaign to fund
- Other Business.
- Committee Reports.
- Administrative Reports.
the Self-Assessment Instrument and Evaluation of School Board Operations.
- Executive Session. (m)
- Adjourn. (m)
Published once at the approximate cost of $_____.