Beresford School Board Meeting Agenda
Monday, February 13, 2017—5:30 p.m.
High School Library
Input Time will be at 6:30 p.m. If you
would like to address the Board, please call the office so adequate time can be
- Call meeting to order: roll call and establish quorum.
- Student and Staff Recognition.
- Recognize and thank
School Board Members for their service in honor of SD School Board Recognition
- Superintendent’s comments.
- Adopt agenda. (m)
- Approve the minutes from the January 9,
2017 regular meeting. (m)
- Approve Financial Reports. (m)
- Approve February claims. (m)
- Accept staff resignations. (m)
- Approve open enrollment
- Approve staff early retirement
- Offer verbal administrative contracts
for the 2017-18 school year. (m)
- Amend the 2016-17 School Calendar. (m)
- Adopt the 2017-18 School Calendar. (m)
- Approve the spring, 2017 BEA/Board
Negotiations Ground Rules. (m)
- Approve Memorandum of Understanding
between the Beresford School District and Legends of Gold Olympic
Development Academy. (m)
- Disclose any new conflicts of interest
of public school officers per SDCL 3-23-6 and determine if these conflicts
are fair, reasonable, and not contrary to the public interest. (m)
- Discuss the 2017 SD Legislative Session and
education-related legislation and the potential impact on the Beresford
- Discuss the 2017-18 Capital Outlay
projects as part of the District’s 10-Year Strategic Plan.
- Review bids and bid alternates for the south
campus gym telescopic bleacher seating system.
- Accept or reject bids and bid alternates
for the south campus gym telescopic bleacher seating system. (m)
- Discuss the next meeting with officials
from Architecture Incorporated and the District’s Performing Arts Center
Planning Committee regarding the Preliminary Design Study for a future
Performing Arts Center; new Student Commons, Lobby, Entrance, &
Restrooms; and Re-model of the Multi-purpose room at the south campus.
- Discuss Architecture Incorporated’s
timeline and meetings that they will host locally during February and
March to seek input on the Preliminary Design Study.
- Discuss the utilization of existing
capital outlay dollars, the issuance of capital outlay certificates, a
bond election campaign, and a community capital campaign to fund the
our District’s partnership in Customized Learning with the Bush Foundation
Grant and SD’s Technology & Innovation in Education (TIE).
National School Lunch Federal Regulation 7 CFR 210.19 and the impact on
the District food service program.
- Discuss our wrestling cooperative’s
classification appeal to remain class B for the 2017-18 and 2018-19 school
years and the potential application of the 10% rule being applied in the
sport of wrestling.
- First Readings of Board Policies.
Participation at Board Meetings.
Board Meeting Speaker Sign-in Sheet.
- Other Business.
- Committee Reports.
- Administrative Reports.
- Executive Session. (m)
- Adjourn. (m)
Published once at
the total approximate cost of ____________.